General Family Dentistry in North York
Dr. Sayeh Maralani and her team have built their practice around North York families. The Lilac Family Dentistry team is keen to educate the importance of dental care for every member of the family, from the youngest to the oldest. Preventative dentistry is the backbone for optimal oral health.
Our dental office provides the following treatments:
- Dental Hygiene Visits & Exams: Your hygiene appointment involves an oral examination and thorough cleaning of your teeth and gums. We recommend dental cleaning twice annually as a preventative measure, but should be completed every 3-4 months for moderate to advanced gum disease.
- Tooth Coloured White Fillings: We are a mercury-free practice. With that said, many people still have silver/mercury fillings in their mouths from years past. These fillings are not particularly pleasing to the eye. Lilac Family Dentistry provides tooth coloured restorations that are not only beautiful but also add strength to weakened teeth.
- Root Canal Therapy: Root canal (endodontic) treatment is one of the most common dental procedures performed, with millions performed every year. This simple treatment can save your natural teeth and prevent the need for extraction.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns are used to cover a tooth that has been repaired through a root canal, has cracked or has a large filling. Crowns offer extra protection to the damaged tooth. They can be made of a range of materials, but porcelain is the most popular because it blends in seamlessly with other teeth.
- Dental Bridge: Dental bridges are a commonly used solution for missing teeth. Dental bridges containing replacement teeth are anchored into place by healthy teeth on either side of the bridge.
- Tooth Extractions: You and Dr. Maralani may determine that you need a tooth extraction for any number of reasons. Some teeth are extracted because they are severely decayed; others may have advanced bone loss (periodontal disease) or have broken in a way that cannot be repaired.
- Emergency Care: If you are in discomfort or pain, our office will always try to provide the same day emergency care.
- Night Guard For Bruxism: Teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism) is fairly common and can be painful and damaging to your teeth. Luckily, most cases of bruxism can be treated by wearing a custom fitted night guard while you sleep.
To learn more about a full scope of services at our office, give us a call at 416-638-1374.